Sunday, October 14, 2012

A summer, in photos

I promised I would post photos of the summer, so here they are.
 Peggy's Cove in May when Nathan's parents were visiting (and I was, too) :)



 More Peggy's Cove. What a sweet town.
 One of my favourite parts of the trip. We went to the Swissair flight memorial, Peggy's Cove, Mahone Bay and Lunenburg all in one day, with a stop in Chester. This was in Mahone Bay, and I got to go in and look around. Dream job material, right here!

A light supper we had one evening, Nathan and I. Delicious!


This was in...somewhere...Point Pleasant Park, I think.

We made a stop in Wolfville to the Just Us fair trade coffee roaster, Tangled Garden herb garden, and home to Acadia University- beautiful!

This is the place whose name I can never remember. I want to say Barry's Bay but I think that's near Ottawa. ;) (Nathan??)

This was called Evangeline Bay, I believe. I just really like this photo from behind of Nathan and his mom and dad at the Bay of Fundy. We found some pretty sweet rocks here.

My dear friend Lisa was visiting for a couple days from Israel and I got to visit with her while her husband was at the university.

My new birthday haircut I treated myself to. Magazine photo-shoot-ready, naturally. ;)

In July, I got to meet Nathan's brother and sister-in-law, and we went to Peggy's Cove again. (Can you tell they are brothers??) :) I took the train to Halifax and back and had a delightful trip.



Lunenburg, second time. We were here at a decent hour when things were open, which was a bit more relaxing. A period drama was being filmed while we were there, complete with 50s automobiles- pretty fun. Lunenburg was special to visit, as my parents went there for their first anniversary and ever since I knew that, I've been wanting to check it out. It's home to the Bluenose II (under restoration when we were there).

The Annapolis Valley, from a high-up lookout

This was on a hike the four of us took at a place whose name I regrettably forget. It was beautiful, though!



It was the Tall Ships festival in Halifax, and I got this photo of Renee and Jake in front of a ship. It was so great hanging out with them for the week.

As part of the festival, Parks Canada had a booth (for 1812 stuff) where they did airbrushing tattoos (you could choose from four from that time period). We all four got them. This, I learned, is called a compass rose. Isn't it pretty?

This is in London when Nathan came to visit in August. We were celebrating our one-year dating anniversary and this is the day Nathan left to go back. :( We went to Stratford and saw two plays in one day, which was magnificent.
So there you have it, the summer in a nutshell.

More to come...

5 comments:

Lisa T said...

looks like a great summer! I'm so glad that we had a chance to visit :) ps - noticed that you have Miriam Toews on your list - have you read her "A boy of good breeding"? It's great!

Sarah said...

Yes, I have! I've read all her fiction so far and can't decide which I love best. Have you read Irma Voth? I should really update that list. ;) It was great to visit with you, too! Miss you!

Nathalie said...

Awe, one year already! Loved your picture post. Awesome that you got to travel a little this summer.

Unknown said...

Excellent trips all around! :) Oh, and the place whose name you can't recall is Hall's Harbour. ;)

Unknown said...

Oh, and the place where we hiked was Cape Split. ;)