These days, I'm thankful for this fellow:
| My handsome honey |
I'm also thankful for delicious lattes with hearts or pretty leaf designs in them. :) Not to mention the giant pain au chocolat with the first latte pictured...yum. Yup, I sure am thankful for visits with a certain someone. Even though I feel like the long-distance aspect is getting to me these days, I still am really thankful for him.
Seeing the fall colours from the airplane was breathtaking- both in Montreal and Ottawa. Even though I didn't make it to my beloved Ottawa Valley to see the colours that at Thanksgiving are always more beautiful than you can imagine, getting to glimpse them from the plane was pretty terrific.
French. It seems like now, in three out of four courses, I am using French, and also in both my part-time jobs. Well, one's in English, but I have a French coworker and the food is French, so we go back and forth between the two quite a bit, which is pretty great. It's such a beautiful language and I'm loving getting to study it further.
School. What a gift and a treasure to be able to study and learn. What a privilege that we take for granted. With all this in the news about Malala Yousufzai, I am inspired by her outspoken bravery and saddened once more by the inequality that exists in our world when it comes to having access to information. One more reason to become a librarian, right?...
Family. I miss them like mad and haven't seen most of them since June, and am not sure when I'll see them next. It's that whole thing about each decision necessitating a lesser number of options than before...I mean, when you choose one thing it automatically limits your consequent options. I don't quite know how to say that. But it's something I think of when I miss my family, the fact that I chose to live here, not that close to them, is good in some ways but means I will be less close with family members and that is something you can't quite get back, missing the years when your siblings are in elementary school, high school. My conscience does jab at me for that one. All told, I love them and wish I were closer and yet the distance helps me appreciate them more, in certain ways. That said, I'm thankful to have my brother here and my sister nearby. They're pretty great, those sibs, that fambly. ;)
Music. I sure do like listening to the CBC, that there classical music. ;) Plus the other kinds...it truly does enrich life, don't you think?
Well. Clearly, I could go on (and on and on...) but for now I think I will sign off.
Now, if only I can keep remembering to be thankful...always more difficult when you're going through stuff you aren't thrilled with...but that doesn't mean that what you cherish is any less valuable, right? If anything, maybe you cherish it/them more. Hm.
Have a splendid week, blogging friends! I wish you a beautiful, warm, and cozy autumn. :)
xo
2 comments:
I'm pretty thankful for you, too! :) Love you lots! xoxoxo
Aw great entry :) So happy things are going so well for you! You and Nate have been going out for a year now, have you not? wow!
xo Chant
Post a Comment