Last night at the home church I've been attending, the topic was on prayer. It's no coincidence that everywhere I turn, prayer seems to be a focus- at my other church they're doing a prayer night, I've been praying for some friends who just found out they're expecting after a long time of not expecting, that sort of thing.
Yesterday, I didn't participate much but decided mostly to listen. Prayer doesn't come easily to me and although I would say I am living more prayerfully in some ways, in others I just don't take the time to praise, or just to listen.
A song came to mind that I first heard of from a friend (thanks, Chrystal) and I found it on my music player for my bike ride to work- What Do I Know of Holy by Addison Road. If you haven't heard this song, it's worth looking up, because for me, anyways, it expresses some of what I keep coming back to and don't always have the words to express.
On another note, I had a really tough commute into work this morning due to biking straight into the wind pretty well the whole way. My quads were burning and I was barely moving, and, to make matters worse, a block before work, I had a very near collision with a car that was turning left. Newsflash: as a cyclist it's practically impossible to stop on a dime on wet pavement. Kindly try not to kill me over it. You'll get to where you're going soon enough and probably won't notice the two second delay to your drive, it probably won't ruin your day to drive defensively and it would sure make mine better too. It was a close call and I think my eyeballs were wide open the whole rest of the way down the hill and my heart was going crazy fast. Not my idea of a fun time.
I guess I was thinking of that in relation to prayer- how it can feel like pedaling into the wind and not really getting anywhere, or how close calls can really make you appreciate what you have, once your heartbeat returns to the semi-normal range, heheh. It's funny how something like biking to work turns my mind more to talking to God more often than usual. That can only be a good thing, right?
Now maybe I should work on my cyclist road-rage...
2 comments:
wow , you are so brave biking to work every day! Is it pretty popular in Canada to commute by bicycle? are there are bikeways?
I love the pedalling into the wind/prayer analogy :) I'm all about analogies lately hehe. You are brave biking like that, especially in yucky weather!
Post a Comment