Last night, I found some chai I bought with my friend Jenny in Dundas last year, so I had a large cup of it. Then another. And it's even tastier than I remembered. I couldn't stop smelling the tea in the little bag - what is it about chai that smells like Christmas? Yet somehow it smacks of fall- curling up under a woollen blanket with some tea, a good read, and maybe something sweet to nibble on.
Reading this lovely lady's blog makes me want to write about crafty stuff, or food, or beautiful things. I just like how she writes. I haven't dabbled much in any sort of handiwork recently but hope to start soon. Really, I guess I'm trying to say I may post a lot in the next while because I love fall. And fall makes me want to bake. And read. And write poetry (heheh). And sometimes cry a little, just because.
Right now, at work, I'm indulging in a little decadence. Each morning I heat up some milk on the stove, hurriedly make some coffee in my French press (with espresso too, the last few days), and throw a dash of hazelnut syrup in my thermos. Yes, I haul around too much stuff in my backpack to and from work, but the thermos is a necessity. That's my cheater version of a latte - much cheaper than buying every day, I assure you!
To go with this, I've got a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin from the batch I made for book club on Sunday. They're super easy to make, and a lot of fun, and baking for me isn't complete without a smidgen of wine as I go and some singing. (My apologies to my roommate, heheh.) Yep, it's a tough life, hazelnut café au lait (that's more what it is) and a pumpkin muffin, wrapping up the quintessential spices of autumn. I'm going to need to get another job if I want to keep up all this baking and whatnot ;)
I'll leave you with a photo from my marathon post. It's a little early - the leaves certainly aren't this colour yet, and I'm upset because a ton of maples in my city seem to be succumbing to a horrible disease, so here's a leaf I spied on the sidewalk a few years ago. Just a little teaser until we really get the fall colours:) I'll be sure to snap some photos at that time.
3 comments:
awww thanks so much for the link love. :) i'm totally loving your blog too! what do you think you'll be creating next?
xo
No problem, I was hoping you wouldn't mind :) Thanks! I still want to try those coasters next- maybe as a study break:) xo
YUM that latte sounds good. and I much prefer coffee made with a french press !! wish we could get together for a cup :)
Post a Comment