1) The sound of feet walking in Birkenstocks- it's beautiful. I indulged my inner granola and bought a pair and the sound they make is like hushed happiness. Whatever that means :)
2) There's an ice cream truck outside my work today, no joke. Everyone gets an ice cream, so I have a twist cone sitting on my desk and it's making me smile.
3) Home church-type-thing last night was particularly thought-provoking and encouraging at the same time. I love those people and they love me back, and I know community is so much more than just liking the people you get along with, but it sure is great.
4) Home-made iced tea. I'm pretty good at it ;)
5) My neighbour's amazing flowers. He has such a knack with plants and it always looks gorgeous when I walk by each day and I look forward to walking by.
6) The gift of mobility. Despite my wish to be graceful and poised and be good at dancing, I'm still glad to get out there on the field and play whatever sports are going (mainly soccer since it's the only one I can understand, haha.) Unfortunately I'm not great at sports requiring gracefulness and coordination but it's pretty important for me to be able to move around, as evidenced by my mood when I get injured for long periods of time, yech. Movement makes me happy.
In spite of the ups and downs of late, there's so much that I can miss in worrying or trying to get things down. It sure helps when I slow down and take time to smell the flowers. Literally. I don't know what kinds they are but they're as tall as me and they smell pretty :)
It's 30-something degrees and tonight is ultimate, oof, that's gonna be interesting! Maybe we'll win or get the game done really quickly, that would be nice.
Later, 'gators.
3 comments:
Bought a book for Isaac entitled "Isaac the ice cream truck" will blog about it soon. Went and got an ice cream as well today! It's way too hot out there and for only $1, who can resist? Have a great weekend!
Your bit about movement has got the old song "The Loco-Motion" in my head. Thanks for that. ;) Stay hydrated!
Post a Comment