I just have to say, I can't wait till my friends Josh and Laura have their baby- I guessed they would have it on the 8th but it looks like I was wrong. I can't wait to see photos of the little one, if you're reading this, hope all goes well, it will be such a cutie!
A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of a visit from my Aunt Barb and Uncle Phil who were passing through on their way back from a wedding. I haven't seen them often the last few years, and they moved to the States this year, so it was a pleasant surprise.
We went out for lunch before they took to the road again, and had a great time catching up. Now I'm thinking...road trip to New York state? :)
Somehow, September is filling up so fast already, even though I'm no longer a student- it surprises me every year when every day almost I have somewhere I need to go or something I need to get done.
Right now, my time is largely consumed with training for this marathon - 18 days left! Yikes! - and trying to avoid injury. I am SO taking a break after this one! Hopefully I can actually finish the race, that's the goal at this point. (Of course, it would be a nice bonus to do it well- but we'll see...)
This year, I'm co-leading a small group in our young adults group, so I'm pretty excited about that, plus continuing with ESL conversation class. How did I get so busy for someone who's not a student? I feel like I have more (or just as much) on the go as when I was a student with three part-time jobs in the summer. And that's without family responsibilities like kids! To you moms out there, I don't know how you do it, but I applaud you!
I leave you with a couple of photos from Roman Holiday- I love the idea of dancing on a barge in Rome:) Who knows, I may get to try some of these things! We shall see...
Happy September!


5 comments:
i know...i can't believe how fast summer went by. I'm not looking forward to winter. It's been nice to travel so much this summer, especially to Bonnyville..won't be able to as often now with the winter roads. Anyways, hope you do well in your marathon.
oh I'm up for road trip to New York, take me with you!! :)
I hear you on this end of summer thing :( Not fun.
love ya
I love Roman Holiday! Yes, perhaps one day you will dance with a dashingly handsome man on a barge in Rome! I've been to Rome twice and still haven't managed to even have a fraction of a romantic moment, but maybe you'll have better luck... (try to rent a motorized bicycle, they must make the men swoon)
Hey Sarah,
Thanks for your comments on my blog. How are you? It's getting so cold these days eh? I just convinced my work/co-workers to turn the heating on because I've been freezing these last few days. So when is that marathon that you are training for? How is Liz? Anything new and exciting going on? The church that Chant and I have started attending is the Metropolitan Bible Church. You've heard of it right? We haven't tried the young adults group yet so haven't really met any new people our age but we do know a few friends that go there already so we'll see how things go. How's your church? Hope all is well. Ttyl
Thanks Sarah! I appreciate you praying for her! xox
Post a Comment