So far, I'm not too injured that I can't compete, so I'm going to do my best. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends Mandy and Robin in Toronto; they're kindly letting me stay over the night before the race. I'm excited to go to the runner's expo and hopefully get some free stuff:)
Tonight, our small group is meeting for the first time. I'm kind of nervous but looking forward to what this year will bring, and how we will blend together as a group. It's been a while since I led anything like this before and I'm very glad there are three of us leading. We're going to be discussing prayer for the first while, which is something that's always a challenge for me, so it will be great to get input from others and to explore all this together.
The other night, I couldn't get to sleep right away, and I started just thinking about everything that's going on, and I realized how important it is for me to take some time in every day just to process, and to allow myself to calm down for a few minutes. I really need this quietude in my life and I'm too stressed when I don't take those few minutes, and it was a time when I could refocus.
Church was like that too this week- I had to listen to some things I didn't want to hear, about our love for Jesus showing by the way we live with each other. So simple, but immensely hard to practice for me, a lot of the time! I tend to pick my situations where I can not be too bothered or inconvenienced, and that's pretty opposite from what Jesus wants. This is especially the case with my sister- and in the past, with my roommates- and it was an opportunity for my pretenses to be stripped away. Again. (Not fun.) It reminded me of Edmund in Voyage of the Dawn Treader (C.S. Lewis) when he is a dragon and he has to get all the dragon skin peeled off in order to go back to himself; I would say it's a pretty close parallel.
This has turned into a long post; again, my words escape with me:) I will update probably after this weekend, hopefully the race pics turn out okay!
my room (for lack of a better photo) :)
4 comments:
Europe? you're going to Europe?! Lucky! Where exactly? For what?
I hope your small group goes well too! I should really get myself connected with one I think...
So true what you said about picking our situations where we can't be bothered or inconvenienced... God wants us to show the same kind of love to everyone, all the time... but that's hard to do sometimes! But it's just part of our human nature. We need discipline in order to break that way of thinking.
Great post! And the next one should be about what you're doing in Europe?! Sounds like God is challenging you in some good (and painful :)) ways... ah, humility!
Europe!?! That's so exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it. How did the race go?
Thanks for your comments, everyone:)
Chant, I'm going to Europe for fun, with a couple friends- it hasn't sunk in yet though!
Can you recommend any good places to go in Germany/Europe, Rachel? :)
I will keep you posted too, Josh & Laura.
I hope you all have a great week! God bless!
Post a Comment