Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Que sera sera....???

Life can be pretty turbulent, can't it? Just when I think I have things figured out, just a few things even, something changes or tips or leans way over, and I have to take stock and figure out what it all means.

I just don't enjoy curve balls.

This isn't meant to sound all dramatic or anything, it's just that it shouldn't be a surprise to me at this point, how changeable life is. Really, that's one constant we can be sure of, right? That living involves a lot of change, voluntary or not?

Basically, I'm now faced with some work/school choices again that I'm not sure I'm ready for. I was kind of heading in this direction but now I'm getting a pretty significant push that way, and it's out of my control. What this means is that I've been advised my current work situation is not sustainable and that I have some decisions to make for the new year. It's good that I have some time, but it's too easy for me to just throw up my hands and say that it's such an interruption and how troublesome...but perhaps it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I'm pretty thankful to have been able to work part-time while studying full-time, but as of January there will be no part-time and my role becomes automatically full-time. If my focus for the next few years is school, I don't know how that will look for my work situation. As appealing as the thought is, I can't stop working altogether as moving home is not an option at this point :{ so we'll see how it all plays out.

I'm really tempted to run away into the forest somewhere and live a monastic life making cheese and chocolate- still an excellent backup plan, in my opinion:) Or maybe I should run off to sea. That sounds like fun. Like in the Tim books by Edward Ardizzone - anyone???

Don't worry, I'll post something more cheerful next time but today it's all about being pensive and introspective ;) Thanks for sticking with me!

4 comments:

travellinghaj said...

.. fermenting wine and cheese in the forest sounds fun ! maybe I can join you! haha!

hmm what a decision. it would be tough to work full time and go to school too eh?

.

Nathalie said...

I think there's another change you need to share with us ;) I want to hear more about it!

Willow Dreamer said...

Aw I'm sorry about your job Sarah! Don't give up hope, everything will work out! Do you think you'll try and find a part-time job somewhere else? And what's this other change Nat is referring to hm?? :)
xo Chant

Unknown said...

I can put in a good word for the sea, or at least seaside cities. I know of a pretty good one... ;)