Monday, June 27, 2011

Bittersweet

I'm eating blueberries right now and it is one of my favourite things about this time of year. I guess technically they're not in season anymore but I am trying to eat more seasonally with my produce in general. It's tough because I love to have berries all summer long and they're not all in season all summer long, oh well. They sure are tasty.

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of my dear friend Lisa to Zach. He's a good guy and she's one in a million so it was wonderful to share in their day and get to see some acquaintances in the family and friends. I had Friday off, and my friend Megan and I took the Greyhound to the city where the wedding was held, and got to have a good visit together, and our friend Laura met up with us there, we three shared a hotel room. We hadn't all been together since early May, so it was lovely to catch up. The three of us plus Lisa have been getting together for pre-church breakfasts for the last few years and got closer through leading/participating in a small group together. I'm so happy for Zach & Lisa, and the wedding was absolutely beautiful, but it's sad too because they're living overseas in the fall, Megan's going to Alberta for school, and Laura moved to Ottawa, so it's just me still here once fall rolls around. I can't be too sad, though, because these are the friendships forged through some pretty significant events of life, and I'm so thankful for them. I hope we're able to keep in touch and visit and stay close, even if it's not the same. Sigh.

Photos soon to come, of the wedding...

Saturday, my roommate and friends had book club and that was a lot of fun, then Sunday I had three soccer games in the afternoon, with biking to and fro and between games. I'm sore from head to toe now, especially after bashing the back of the head on the dryer door too (don't ask me how I managed that one). Luckily, our team captain had us to her house between games and she has a pool :) It was just the thing. I got one goal, which isn't too bad since I'm usually not that great a shot for being a forward, haha. My team puts up with me because I can run fast up the wing even if I don't get that ball in the net too often ;)

So far, I haven't heard about the job interview and haven't fully made a decision in regards to studies sooo I guess you'll have to be in suspense along with me, sorry :)

My friend's brother opened a Parisien pastry shop and crêperie, and it's opening today, so I'm going to pop by after work, I've been anxiously awaiting this:) We'll see what kind of treats they sell, pretty sure I'll have to save up a while to buy anything and bike a lot to work it off, just kidding.

Next up, I have to figure out what to do for my birthday in a week and a half. I was thinking of seeing a play in Stratford but I did that last year and want to think of something different and inexpensive. Well, I do have slightly expensive taste but not the means to match it :) I'm thinking of rounding up a bunch of friends even if they don't know each other, and having a picnic in the park, what do you think? Or maybe go for drinks on a patio somewhere but they're often so loud, and I am getting one year older (and crankier), hahah.

Well, I guess I don't have as much to say as I thought, but I'll keep you posted!

~Adios!~

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

Weddings are fun to attend, Mike and I have one the last Sat in July. Looking forward to seeing the pics you post!

Yum, pastries & crepes. Did you know that my dad used to make crepes every Sun for us growing up? I miss that!

Don't keep us in suspense for too long!

Happy Canada Day to you. Hope you do something fun.

P.s. How about going to Sandbanks for your b-day? I think it must be fairly close for you because you're in the Toronto area already. It's 3 and a half for us.