Tuesday, May 10, 2011

tra la la

...I didn't know what to title my post today :)

It's been a crazy couple of weeks again. On Friday and Saturday I went to the visitation and celebration of life for the dad of two of my friends, they're a family from my church. It was moving to hear how profoundly he touched so many lives and what a wonderful dad and husband he was, but it breaks my heart that these girls don't have their dad anymore. I can't seem to get past that. I think that must be so difficult at any age.

There's been a lot of last-minute communication with different schools- now I just wait to see where I get in, and what kind of transfer credit they can give me- yikes! I'm nervous to go back to school, as I have a hard time scheduling my time as it is, let alone when it comes to making studying a priority, but I need to get good marks if I want to apply for a master's after, so hopefully that will keep me going. That said, I have caught the travel bug really strongly, probably because it's not an option for me at the moment, haha. That's okay, at the end of the month I'm hoping to visit Liz in Oklahoma, which will be an adventure in itself, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to seeing her, since I haven't seen her since the wedding in December, briefly, and before that, since September when she moved.

After that, I need to save all my pennies for studies :)

My little brother Ben is planning to move here in the fall to attend college, he's accepted into a one-year program related to aviation that he's really excited about. It's hard to believe he's old enough to be on his own, although he has been for a couple years, hehe. Plus my little sister is looking into universities, and is graduating this year...how did these kids grow up so fast? I know that's what people tend to say about their kids, not their sibs, but I guess since I'm only home a few times a year, I can see the changes more drastically.

That reminds me- I still have to post photos from Easter...

Spring is finally here, and with it, warm winds and sunshine, and it's incredible what a difference that makes. I think it's the smell in the air that does it, you know?

Does anyone have plans for Victoria Day (if you have that holiday)?

3 comments:

Nathalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathalie said...

Wow, things are finally coming to a head re: your schooling, that's so exciting!

Victoria day weekend Mike and I might go down to the states to check out the baby furniture and decorations. You?

P.s. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. :)

Rachel said...

Ooh, yay! You're going back to school! I will have to make sure I keep up with the news!