Next up, Nice! We had a couple of days to play with and decided, although it would be a long trip, to spend some time in the south of France. It was lovely, although we definitely stood out by wearing flip flops since it was fall weather for the locals! We made a trip to a medieval village, and to Monaco which is very close, and got to see the famous Montecarlo casino, as well as an aquarium. It was a good time to relax and enjoy being in a hostel with others our age. One girl joined us for the day when we went touring about.
Fruit and flower market
A Ferrari in front of the Monte Carlo:)
From here, we headed to Lyon where I knew of some people that were letting us stay with them, some friends of friends. They were so hospitable to us and showed us around, and Lyon is quite pretty, especially the old city. We went to church there, which was pretty great for me, since it's been a while since I went to a French-speaking church. Heather and Grace were kind to put up with me since I wanted to go so badly. I thoroughly enjoyed our time there!
Then, the long-awaited city, famous for cheese, wine and chocolat, the city of love...Paris!!! I was so excited to see Paris in the fall, and it was indeed beautiful. There weren't really any red maples but seeing the trees all yellow and orange was lovely, and the Eiffel Tower definitely surpassed our expectations! We got to see it both at night and during the day, and at night, it sparkles with lights all over it, every hour on the hour. Of course, we had to make the trip to the very top, and, needless to say, the view is spectactular. If you ever get the chance, you should definitely go.
Besides the Eiffel Tower, we checked out the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame and Sacré Coeur/ Montmartre. I got to briefly see a friend I haven't seen in three years which was wonderful.
From Paris, we split up- the girls to Britain, and me to Aix-en-Provence to visit my friend Lynn from college. I was reluctant to leave them since it was so much fun all together, but I was excited to see Lynn. It was a great visit, very chill (it rained the whole time) and we got to see the new James Bond (in English) before it came out in North America. It's known as "little Paris" ans is a very sought-after place to live, apparently, for the wealthy. It's rumoured that Angelina Jolie is buying a house nearby. I hope I can visit longer next time:) So good to reconnect with Lynn.
I'm posting too much, so I shall put Germany on the next one! Meine liebe Deutschland!
2 comments:
Aw I almost feel like I was there too :) I'm so jealous! Love hearing about it and seeing it all though! Sounds so nice! (nice get it? lol you were talking about Nice!)
(Like the new blog layout too!)
Write more! :)
Thanks, Chant:) I wish you were there too! I'll hopefully post about the rest of my trip today or tomorrow. Haha, it was nice:P
Post a Comment