I wanted to do something splashy for my birthday this year...but I couldn't come up with any grand plan. Instead, I went for a lovely dinner with a few friends and mini-golfing afterwards (which we got progressively worse at as the bugs came out, but still fun!), and I thought I'd post some photos.
On Monday, I got my hair cut - you know it's been a while when it becomes some kind of event:) - so now, even though it's slow growing, I can wear it down. The simple things amuse me!
I'm starting to train more intensively for my first marathon and I'm not totally dedicated yet- I haven't signed up for the race itself because I just don't like the course, but I figure, even if I only ever do one, that's okay. It's hard to be motivated lately, because after a while I don't like running the long distances alone; I get bored even with my music. I have to say, listening to Paul Brandt does make the runs a lot more enjoyable!
Some days I feel like I'm at a crossroads, the one with all the major life decisions, including how long to stay in London, what to do next, and so on. Other times it's as if I'm just coasting, waiting for my life to happen, but in this mode it kind of slips by and I've done nothing. More and more, I'm finding I need an equilibrium between the two, and especially I need to ground myself in my relationship with Jesus. When I don't, everything gets helter-skelter and it's hard to figure out how I fit into the grand scheme and what is worthwhile in life.
This weekend I'm camping, so I hope to have more pics of that soon. That's all for now!
Me, Sarah, Marie, Renée (& Liz taking the photo)
Renée and a nifty tree
My new 'do :)
7 comments:
Hi Sarah! I'm so glad you sent me the link to your blog! that way I can get updates on your life :) love ya! Glad you had a good time for you bday! hope you liked the card I sent you through Facebook. xox
oops that was me up there, Chantal :)
hey Sarah! I love the haircut, you are beautiful! May I plant an idea of what you could do next, as you might be at a crossroads...you could come on a short term (or long term!) trip with OMF to the mekong field!
www.infomekong.com
I promise I won't suggest it again, just thought I'd throw it out there
love ya!
Happy belated Birthday Sarah!! Looks like you had lots of fun! Love the new haircut too... :)
happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a great day! Hope you're doing well! I'll pray that God will give you direction and wisdom as you seek him and his will.
Happy Belated b-day Sarah! It's so funny that both our blog's last entries were about birthdays.
Post a Comment